Become a Certified Lymphedema Specialist
Would you like to be a successful specialist in your field who makes a difference in peoples lives? Reduce and teach ongoing management of swelling that no one else knew how to handle help people avoid costly recurring cellulitis get people back into clothes that fit help people feel good about how they look help people want to reengage in life and restore independence
- All this by reducing high protein swelling and teaching self management programs.
REGISTER @ www.ilwti.com/c/11 for courses in Fort Walton Beach, Orlando and Miami, Florida
This course is practicum based and clinically focused. You will learn to master all of the basic techniques for Complex Decongestive Therapy (CDT), including manual lymphatic drainage and multi-layered compression bandaging. This course is accelerated and condensed, enabling you to learn effective and billable lymphedema treatment that is feasible within the constraints of a busy patient schedule. The curriculum covers lymphedema management of the trunk and upper and lower extremities, and wound care.
Topics & Competencies include:
Anatomy, physiology and pathophysiology of the arterial,venous and lymphatic and integumentary systems
Lymphedema staging and classifications
Vascular assessment and bedside ABI
Skin and wound assessment
Differential diagnosis and treatment of venous edema, congestive heart failure, lymphedema, malignant lymphedema, lipedema, deep vein thrombosis
Differential diagnosis and treatment of lower extremity cellulitis, stasis dermatitis, hemosiderin staining, chronic inflammation, dependent rubor
Complete decongestive physiotherapy
Skin and nail care
Manual lymphatic drainage therapy
Multi-layered compression bandaging
Customized bandaging systems
Creative use of therapeutic foam
Compression garments and devices
Who can attend?
Licensed healthcare providers (MD, DO, PT, PTA, OT, COTA, NP/APN, RN).
Continuing Education Credits:
License renewal contact hours pre-approved for Nurses, Physical Therapists and Assistants.**
All contact hours of this course may be applied toward the 135 hrs required to sit for the CLT-LANA exam.
Clinicians may accumulate 135 hours by attending ILWTI.Advanced Lymphedema Courses, coming in 2014.
REGISTER @ www.ilwti.com/ci11
You Get More For Your Money with ILWTI: Course Includes:
- Complete Decongestive Physiotherapy (CDT) training
- Complete UE & LE Bandaging Systems for lab use
- Padding and Special Inserts for lab use
- Venous Compression Systems for lab use
- Manual Lymphatic Drainage Maps
- Course Book
- 375 page 2013 Lymphedema Textbook with colored pictures
- 2 International Best Practices Documents (50-75 pgs) and 3 Templates for Practice (20-30 pgs)
- Home Study Course
- 6 months free expert consultation post-course
- Lymphedema Clinic Start-Up Kit: includes Policy and Procedure Manual, Complete Lymphedema Bandaging Systems for upper and lower extremities, Padding and Special Inserts for lymphedema compression systems, Venous Compression System, Clinical Quick Reference Guides
Lymphedema Specialist Certificate
54 Classroom Hours 6 Days
20 Hours Home Study
(Lunch on your own 12noon-1pm )
REGISTER AT www.ilwti.com/ci/11